Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Long Journey


Hi, folks!
 For those who don’t know me, I’m Dylan Sloan. I am a 12-year-old of the male gender. Yeah. That’s pretty much it.
Just kidding! You can read my bio on the link at the top of the page. In fact, you WILL read my bio. Right? Okay. Let’s get this rolling.
If you didn’t read my bio (gasp) I will inform you of one important fact: I recently left my beloved home of New Haven, Connecticut, Home of Yale University and and the best pizza on the planet. (Oh, snap, NYC.) I left this place because my family was moving to Hong Kong (in China) for a year! Yahoo! We spent two months planning and two days packing, said goodbye to all of our friends, and, on the morning of July 17, we were off. 
Things turned bad before we even hit the road to Newark.
We were just getting ready to leave the house for the final time when I heard the phone ringing. Conversation went as follows:
(Phone) Hello. This is United airlines calling to inform you of an important announcement. Press any button to continue. (Elevator music starts playing)
I tentatively pressed five.
(Phone) Good morning, Leslie! (My mom’s name) Due to unforseen circumstances, your flight to Hong Kong has been delayed from 3:15 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. We are very sorry. BEEEEEP.(All of that was in a monotone, by the way.)
(Me) #@#&*%!
Yeah. That wasn’t much fun. At least we got free food at the terminal while we were waiting. 
Then, when we got to HK, (At 2:00 in the morning) the van service we had hired left us stranded at the airport because my mom's SIM card was defective, so she couldn't call them. We had to hire to taxis to take us to the separate terminal where we had to pick up our cats, which we brought along. (See attached photos of Ecco and Elvis. So cute.) Anyways, we apparently couldn't retrieve the from the station because our vet hadn't signed the proper paperwork. Guess what we did? We called her and asked her to sign the form and fax it to us. It was sort of tough since she was preforming a surgery at the moment but she managed to pull through and get the form to us 2 minutes before the deadline. 
So we're all here! I'll try to post daily and give you guys family updates, ridiculous photos, and a lot of polls.
Au revoir!
Dylan

4 comments: